Saturday, January 26, 2013

I'm making progress! I took the Very Hungry Caterpillar quilt to the long-arm-quilter this afternoon. I should get it back in plenty of time for the impending baby- there are only three other quilts ahead of me in line. I bought fabric for the binding today. I was planning on doing just plain black, but I lucked out! They still had some of the fabrics from that line, and I was able to get some blue fabric that will work well as a binding. Hooray! I showed everyone the crazy slice-and-dice backing, and we all had a good laugh over how life can turn out crazy.

In the mean time, I've been working on my Bible Studies block this evening- "Exodus." These are part of the quilt-along that we are doing at my local quilt shop, Quilter's Loft Company. Here are my blocks so far:

Here are the "Genesis" blocks:


Here is the "Exodus" block. These are 6" blocks, so the geese are only 1" tall finished! I've never done anything so small. They really ought to be called "Flying Goslings," they are so tiny. I am not sure whether I have the fine motor skills to make miniature quilts....



I'd start on the "Leviticus" block except that my printer cartridge seems to be running out of ink, therefore I can't print out the instructions. I've learned through hard experience that I need to keep the instructions next to my cutting board or else everything gets all mixed up in my mind! Tomorrow my goal is to buy a new printer cartridge while I am running errands and then I can get started on the block. Wouldn't it be funny if I could finish the Leviticus block before Monday evening? Then I'd be actually caught up! Awww, who am I kidding? I have waaay too much planned tomorrow to do that (I need to bake bread and make my yogurt for the week.)

It's late, so I've been fiddling around in my sewing area, putting away the cutting mat and other things. The tubs of fabric that I was auditioning and rejected are back in the closet. I even got out the batting and yardage for the next quilt sandwich I need to make. It is sitting on the armchair where I can't miss it. I need to cut the yardage to size and stitch it up. I waffle back and forth on whether to stay caught up on the Bible Studies blocks as long as I can, or to finish the old UFOs. Sigh. When it all comes down to it, I'm the quilting version of a social butterfly- I flit from project to project as the mood takes me. At least I'm staying inspired, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment