Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Bible Studies quilt progress report

I'm actually managing to keep up with this quilt-along! (Mark your calendars with a star...) I didn't get around to posting my block from last week, but here it is. It represents Joshua:




Here is the one I made for this week, representing Judges:


When I think of the Book of Judges I always remember the rhymes they used to teach us in Sunday School to remember the books of the Bible in order. The only part I can remember is "Joshua Judges Ruth." It rolls off the tongue, I suppose. Once again, the two outer light steps photographed more gray than blue. I've known about "non-photo blue" color since my days ages ago in drafting class, but I wonder if non-photo blue applies to fabrics as well?  I pieced this one as a foundation paper block, after drafting the pattern in Visio. I've posted the foundation paper pattern here.

The blue fabric in the center of the steps is new. I went out during a break in the storm on Saturday to Quilter's Loft to look for some more blues to coordinate with my fabrics. I started out with just enough for the blocks, but not enough for the borders. I found the blue in the center for one of my borders, and they helped me find just the right cream to go as sashing. I am still missing one additional color for the border, but this quilt-along is a year long, so I have a while to keep hunting. I got a bit more than I needed, so that I can work the new blue fabric in occasionally so that it isn't abrupt.

No comments:

Post a Comment