Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013 Progress Check, 2014 Kickoff

So today in looking back over my quilting during 2013, I am feeling a lot of blog envy. There are a lot of talented quilters out there who are really good photographers too. I am neither, and my stats say that my blog's biggest fan is a search engine in Russia. I love it! This blog is more for accountability than anything, so I'm not worried. I took a break from quilting to work on costumes and sets for the Christmas pageant musical at church, and then between that and other holiday obligations I ran myself into the ground the week before Christmas and got nastily sick. My mind thought, "I called in sick today, I could work on sewing some blocks!" My body said, "Nah, I just want to stay horizontal" and my head went back down on the pillow and I slept some more. I've been sewing lots of blocks from the Bible Studies block-of-the-week over the last couple days as an effort to try to finish Something, Anything. Some of my motivation has been the end-of-year challenge over at Prairie Moon Quilts. Here is what I have accomplished since Christmas:

Lamentations
Ezekiel, Daniel, and Hosea
 
Nahum, Habakkuk, and Zephaniah

 My DH is a very smart man. He pointed to one and said, "I think this one is my favorite."

"But you admire them all, right?" I said and tipped my head at him.

"Of course," he said. "They are all beautifully created." He is well-trained.

The Mill Girls quilt is no closer to being done- it is in time out because I can't bear the thought of cutting exactly up the center of a pillar stripe print. 

Prosit Neujahr, everyone!

Quilts in Progress, as of January 1st, 2014

1. Teal Single Irish Chain (hand quilting)
2. Mill Girls by Nancy Rink
3. Bible Studies
4. Champions of the West (blocks finished, but not stitched together- I got creative block when it came to the border)
5. Civil War Sampler "cot" quilt by Karen Witt (haven't finished all the blocks yet)
6. Liberty of Londons sampler quilt (I honestly can't remember where this is in the process, but I definitely haven't got the quilt top finished)
7. Golden's Journal quilt (haven't finished all the blocks yet)
8. Peggy Martin-technique sampler quilt (ditto)
9. Crazy quilt (not your usual crazy quilt, but it is crazy! Quilt top finished, but needs sandwiching/quilting/binding)
10. Roses for Shiloh quilt by Painted Pony 'n Quilts (haven't finished all the blocks yet)
11. Amish with a Twist (haven't finished all the blocks yet)
12. Not quilting, but alter my dirndl to fit my new, smaller, self, and finish the heart-ruching trim for it.

Quilts in the "Some Day" Stage, as of January 1st, 2014
1. Olivia the piglet quilt
2. A Baltimore Album quilt
3. A hexagon quilt
4. A chintz panel quilt
5. A quilt with the Metro Blues fabrics that I got in New Braunfels and Belleville
6. Various Rosemary Youngs Civil War Diary and Civil War Anniversary quilts
7. Barbara Brackman's Civil War Sampler
8. Barbara Brackman's Grandmother's Choice women's suffrage sampler
9. A botanical album quilt that I've had designed in my head for a long time
10. Away from Home by Nancy Rink (postponed indefinitely)
11. Mimi's Bloomers quilt by Erin Russek
12. Just Takes Two quilt by Sentimental Stitches
13. The Hazel Ilene quilts by Prairie Moon Quilts
14. Path to the Civil War: Aurelia's Journey Quilt
15. A Dear Jane quilt
16. A bed-runner designed by one of my kids
17. Miscellaneous quilts that I've downloaded from quilt-alongs and free patterns from textile companies.




No comments:

Post a Comment